Monday, December 13, 2010

Great Crafty and Creative Women!

There are so many women in this great world of ours who are super crafty! Just when you think it can't get any better it does! I just had to share some of my current obsessions with you to maybe bring so fun, festive "craftiness" to you and your home! Enjoy!

 Amy with True Love Found on facebook and her awesome blog; Buggie and Jelly Bean. She has these super fun DIY's which I am all about lately! I am currently making her yarn wreaths, and have just finished up my preschoolers present to their parents; painted ornaments! So fun!!

 I am super excited to have come in contact with Tiffany with Steals, Deals and Heels whom does awesome give-a-ways! Currently Coastal Clips is a give-a-way which we are super excited about and so grateful!

And finally she is what I like to call my "local Martha Stewart " and power momma Jenna! Here is a fun DIY that I grabbed from her and others have began to enjoy as well! Perfect for a great holiday gift!

What you'll need:
*Plywood, oak any wood you or that man of yours (if he has an opinion like mine does he he) desires.
*Small can of any color stain you prefer
*Sponge Brush
*Paint Brush
*Mod Podge in Matte Finish
* Your letters
1. Search out your letters! This takes the longest but could be alot of fun! Use Flickr.com and print them  on the highest quality possible.
2. Purchase your wood (if you're using 8x10 photos measure out your last name  and leave about 3" on each end)
3. Sand your wood and all edges.
4. Stain your wood
5. Using Mod Podge ( you can purchase at JoAnn's or Michael's) glue on your letters leaving a border of wood around the edges.

6. Let that dry over night and the next morning paint the entire board with the same mod podge to create a protective layer. ( Don't panic if it bubbles up! Let it dry over night and everything will smooth out).
7. Hang her up! We did the "man-friends" last name above the front door and I printed my letters in sepia print to match the tan and white I have going on in our living room. Jenna had done her son's name and kept the letters in their colors and it looked awesome as well! We hung the sign by screwing 4 screws directly through the board into the walls.
Happy Crafting Coastal Gulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment